Marketing Yourself as a BrandPosted: August 17, 2011
Building on the theme of the self-entrepreneur introduced in the posts on the book The Immaterial (https://xray-delta.com/2011/08/12/work-and-life-coaching-the-immaterial-part-1/) here are some books that I have found useful in my coaching of others on career and how to develop their personal brand message:
- Peter Block, Flawless Consulting: A Guide to Getting Your Expertise Used, Third Edition February 2011
- Marion McGovern, A New Brand of Expertise: How Independent Consultants, Free Agents, and Interim Managers are Transforming the World of Work, 2001
- Daniel Pink, Free Agent Nation: The Future of Working for Yourself, 2002
- Alan Weiss, Value-based Fees, 2nd Edition, 2008
- Lynda Gratton, The Shift: The Future of Work is Already Here, 2011
All of these books I have found useful but I single out Lynda Gratton’s book if you are also interested in the ways new technology has already changed how you can shape your work-life in ways not possible or practical before.